What is PE and Sports Premium?
Primary PE and Sport Premium is an initiative that aims to help increase and improve the PE and sporting opportunities for children. It was first provided in the 2013/14 academic year. The funding is provided jointly by the Department for Education, the Department for Health and Culture and the Department for Media and Sport. The funding is ring-fenced which means that it can only be spent on the provision of PE and sport in schools.
At Foxdell, we make use of the funding in a number of ways to ensure that as many children benefit from increased sporting opportunities as possible. We aim to use the funding to raise standards of learning and achievement in PE and Sports for all children, regardless of their background. We encourage all children to engage in physical activity as part of the curriculum and through our extra-curricular provision.
Some ways in which we have used this funding are:
- Staff development including the role of the Subject Leader
- Improved PE & Sport resources
- Raising children’s participation levels within curricular and extra-curricular activities including intra & inter competition
- Improved knowledge; skills and understanding related to health and fitness
- Increased learning opportunities associated with healthy diet and nutrition through workshops and visitors
Paper copies of information on this website are available upon request.