Healthy Living Week
26-29 March 2018
We planned and took part in many cross-curricular activities to raise the profile of the importance of keeping active, maintaining a healthy body and how to choose and eat the right foods and drinks!
We all had a fun packed week and learnt some simple ways that we can keep our bodies, our minds and our fitness levels at their best.
Some of the activities that we owned and took part in were…
- We Created ball games for our parents to come and watch – This helped to raise the profile of fitness for all.
- We made smoothies (and wrote instructions in English) we created healthy eating plates using collage materials and filmed it using stop go animation – these helped us to have a greater understanding of a healthy diet.
- We carefully drew fruit and vegetables –this helped us identify fruits and vegetables and enabled us to look carefully at their properties and colours.
- We had the opportunity to learn about Holi which included learning a synchronised Bollywood dance to promote exercise and learn differing dancing styles of other religions.
- We had a healthy eating assembly which was very good because we learnt how much sugar was in our popular drinks.
Mehreen “I hope me and Mum can make up games at home and play them at the weekend” – said after making up games for the parents.
“This is the best day! I love school” said by a child during Holi.