At Foxdell, we are committed to ensuring equality of opportunity for all pupils, staff, parents and carers regardless of race, gender, disability, belief, sexual orientation, age or socio-economic background. Through our values based curriculum, we aim to develop a culture of inclusion and diversity in which all those associated to the school feel proud of their identity and have the ability to participate fully in school life.
We believe that diversity is our strength. We have developed close links with the local community and the many different faith leaders to provide our children with a broad and diverse curriculum.
We aim to:
- Provide a safe environment where there is a strong focus on high expectations and challenge to improve outcomes for all our children.
- Provide a learning environment where all learners learn to be independent and resilient with the support of those around them.
- Prepare children for life in a culturally diverse society where the children are able to be confident in understanding their place and responsibilities in the wider community and the world.
- Include and value the contribution of all families with a clear focus on the participation of children and parents in decision-making.
- Actively challenge all types of discrimination.
- Ensure that positive messages and actions about inclusion, equality and diversity are part of our daily practice.
Our Equality Objectives are:
- To ensure that all pupils achieve their full potential
- To identify barriers to learning and close any gaps in achievement
- To promote a deep awareness, understanding and appreciation of the diversity of our local, national and global communities.
We aim to achieve these objectives by:
- Maintaining the highest possible expectations of all pupils. We will ensure that teaching is consistently of the highest quality, using assessment to inform planning, and rigorously monitoring progress and standards.
- Ensuring good progress is sustained so that achievement gaps can be closed by identifying vulnerable groups and individuals and developing teaching and learning that is personalised to individual needs
- Utilising every opportunity in the curriculum and in all the activities of the school for deepening understanding of equality and diversity.